Thursday, February 6, 2014

You're Here, right?! It's February 6th...three days after your due date!

Hello My Sweet Baby Logan,

        I would like to dedicate a song to you. It's called, "You Can't Hurry Love" by the Supremes. Clearly, I have made my belly such an inviting and comfortable place that you don't want to leave yet. Free food, warm bed, but it has to be getting cramped in there, my love! You just don't know what it feels like yet to stretch out, or at least don't remember it from when you were smaller.

       How funny would it be for you to come today on your Uncle Mike's birthday. Taylor's birthday (your cousin) is also on the 6th. I wouldn't mind if you come tomorrow night, as long as you don't wait until February 14th like your grandpa is predicting.

        Your aunt Bethanee has been checking on me everyday. She loves you so much and wants to help watch you over the summer while mom finishes her last two classes in the nursing program! Just saying that makes me feel so relieved. There is a light at the end of the tunnel in my school! I've been in school for a very long time. I hope I don't get any wild ideas about going back after I graduate. I should at least wait until I get my student loans paid off before I think about that. Your dad is happy to have me stay at home while he works to support us. I've always been one that likes to earn my keep. He thinks the chores I do around the house is enough...and especially with you coming. You will be more than a full time job!

      The change of heart that I have had lately has been really helpful. Before, I couldn't wait until we could move out of our small house into something nicer and bigger. I think I was taught by society growing up that living in a trailer was trashy which makes the people that live in the trailer trashy too. Now, I feel like there is nothing to be ashamed of when you are living modestly. Bigger houses mean higher house payments which means more obligation and stress about money and making ends meet, especially with the loss of a job because of the economy or some other unpredictable circumstance. The only thing trashy about anything in this circumstance is taking advantage of other people and expecting them to take care of you while giving nothing in return or without trying to make something better out of your life. However, it is getting to the point that the middle class is being taxed so much that it is a wonder they can support themselves at all. Everything has become so expensive that it almost forces both parents to work. I believe that children are definitely better off if the mother stays at home with them. I am hoping by entering into the nursing field, I won't be gone from you very often. I want to work a maximum of three times a week and only at night. I just don't know how friendly I will be if I don't get enough sleep!

So I'm going to see you tonight, right? I love you, sweetheart! See you soon!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment