Hello Little Man!
You're behind me sleeping right now on a beautiful Sunday, so I have some time to write to you! You've been amazing, little one. As you can see in the home videos below, everyone is crazy about you. I can't believe how fast you are growing. You got your first set of immunizations on April 14th, and you were a big boy. You only cried for a second or two. I was glad, because I was really not looking forward to taking you to get your first shots. I thought I would cry. I actually cried more at the idea of having to take you than when we were there. After you got your shots, I knew I didn't have time to feel sorry for myself. I needed to comfort you!
You know, if we hadn't gotten pregnant with you right away, I would be graduating in a couple of weeks. Friday would be my last day. I'll admit, this semester was pretty challenging especially when I was having to write a 25 page paper while you were sleeping! Not to mention the six weeks where I had to be away from you on Wednesdays and Thursdays. My heart broke, and I cried the first day I had to be away from you. In spite of all this, I think God's timing was perfect. I'm glad that I had you when I did and wouldn't trade the timing for anything in the world. The fact that I had to be away from you on Wednesdays and Thursdays made it so that your great grandparents could be a larger part of your life. They thank me for allowing them to watch you! Mema tells me that you have helped to heal her broken heart from when her brother died. She came down to Georgia and has been depressed until you came along. I cried when she told me that, because I prayed that you would be a blessing in my family's life. I didn't realize just how much the Lord would answer that prayer. You've definitely been a blessing in my life. Having children makes the future seem so bright. You've taught me patience and love. I've often said since you were born that, "I never knew I could love someone so much." Even at my grumpiest at 3 am, I can be calm and loving to you.
Yesterday I thought for the first time, "Man, this life is such a cool experience." We smell, we taste, we see, we hear, we feel, we love. It was so out of character for me to think at that time, because it was at the end of a long, exhausting day...but I had you in my arms. I sure hope I can teach you to see the bright side of life. Yes, this world is on a downward spiral, but we can look forward to the future with hope knowing that we are sons and daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves us. Every trial he gives us is because He loves us, and he knows what we need to learn the lessons that will bring us back into his presence. How awesome is it to know that we can even look at the hardships in our lives as blessings? There is nothing for us to fear as long as we have faith.
Below, I've compiled a few home videos that I made. The quality isn't that great, but that's not what is important! You will get to see your incredible cuteness when you get older :). Here are a few of the things that you will see in the video: Aunt Bethanee holding you; your great grandpa explaining that you were born on his dad's birthday while he was holding you. He doesn't know why you were born on your great-great grandpa's birthday, but he doesn't believe in coincidences; granny feeding you and commenting on how rare it is to have a ginger baby; great mema making you smile like crazy; and daddy letting you fly like super man.
Thank you for being such an awesome part of my life. I love you so much!
Love,
Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment