Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mom Graduates and Mimi Visits

Dear Logan,

         I graduated today in spite of people telling me that I probably wouldn't be able to do it, because I got pregnant with you. Graduation seems like a relief in a way. I finally get to take some time off and dedicate more time to you! I was really only working on school work when you were sleeping, anyway. When I was gone to clinical, you were in very good hands. I almost felt like you were in more capable hands than mine, because your great grandparents were able to focus all of their attention on you. They wouldn't even watch TV! They were concerned about ADHD. The pictures change constantly, and you would always stare at his TV when it is on. I don't know if it is because his TV is bigger, but you only occasionally look at our TV when it is on. I think you are more interested in finding something to teethe on. You've been a trouper especially since it feels like you are cutting all your teeth at once!

            Of course, I wish that your teeth weren't hurting you, but I feel like teething really helps babies develop eye-hand coordination as you are learning to control your hands, fine motor skills, and it is teaching you how to chew.

           In 8 short days, you are going to see your dad's side of the family for the first time. You've only met your grandma and grandpa. Your mimi came over on Sunday, and you met her for the first time too! Here are some pictures from your time with her:











Mimi says you look just like your Grandpa Cardon. I still say you look just like me, kiddo! All but your red hair and dad's ears. I can think what I want! Really, I think you are a great mix of your dad and I. Some of your mannerisms are hysterical. One of your favorite things to do is throw your legs up on me. You like to kick your blanket off and have it under you in order to elevate your legs when I'm not close enough to use as a prop. I remember I did this to my granny and your granny as a little girl. I still do it to your daddy. You know I don't post as much, because I actually get to spend real time with you instead of writing letters to you while you are still in my belly. I love you more and more every day, and I pray every day that you are able to feel that love. You are a very special, important, and loved little man. I hope you always know that.

With Unconditional Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment