I mean really little! It turns out that you are a week younger than I first thought. You were 2.35 cm on Tuesday morning when I got my first sonogram. That's right at an inch. Your doctor, Dr. Barfield, says that the measurements are accurate at determining age within plus or minus 4 days. He did two measurements just to make sure. Both measurements said you were 9 weeks and 1 day. When I heard your heartbeat, I cried. It was overwhelming to hear it. Not only had I had a nightmare the day before that they couldn't find your heartbeat, but it was also beating so fast!
He estimated your heart beat to be around 170 bpm which is normal for a fetus at 9 weeks. According to the chart that I looked at online, your heart is beating the fastest that it will ever beat in your life (resting heart rate), because heart rate starts to go back down after 9 weeks. The healthy range at 9 weeks is 155-195 with 175 being the average.
Here are the first photos I have of you in my belly:
You are truly the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I love you SO much!
Love,
Mom
P.S. By the way, you are not a twin :). I won't find out if you are a boy or a girl until you are 16 weeks, though I know your Grandpa (my dad) will keep asking in spite of telling him that.
No comments:
Post a Comment