Hi Baby Boy,
I got to see you again today. This time, I got to keep a recording of the live ultrasound. Now you can see just how active you are. Your movements appear jerky, because your nervous system isn't fully developed yet to have precise movements. The ultrasound tech said that I am staying well hydrated, because you have a big "swimming pool." That just means you have a lot of amniotic fluid (but not too much). You can see it better when she moves the ultrasound to see you from the side. From what we can tell now, you are already stationing your head kind of downward. That's good, because that is the easiest way for you to come out (head first).
At the end of the video, she gets your heart beat from your umbilical cord! Isn't that neat? It's measuring 148 bpm. That's down from 152-154 bpm from 16 weeks which is good. It's supposed to go down as the pregnancy progresses. She does the thermal imaging (the colors at the end of the video) to show me that there are two arteries and one vein just like a healthy baby should have. Using your cephalic and chest measurements, she said you were in the 55 percentile for your age. People might think it is better to be in a higher percentile, but that's not accurate. Growing too quickly could cause some impairments or indicate a problem. Everything is growing as it should and in proportion to one another. You are just right. Here you are in all of your preciousness:
Some of the cloth diapers I bought you came in today too. I bought 16, but I'm sure I will need more. Karla told me that she recommends using Eco nuts to wash the diapers. I'm mostly telling you that, so I can remember for later. Here are the diapers that I got. You are going to be so stinkin' cute:
Later, I will add pictures of the clothes and other things I've gotten for you, so I have have everything documented. See you in 19 weeks and 5 days!
Love,
Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment