In two days, there will be four months left until we get to meet each other face to face. I've been surprised at how strong you are. I think the warm water of the shower wakes you up in the morning. Today, you kicked me so hard while I was showering that I felt like my whole body was jolted forward. I'm not sure, but I interpreted it as you not liking the fact that the water woke you up.
When I was sitting in church on Sunday, I started to think about all the anxious and depressed people in the world. If anything were to happen to me, heaven forbid, I want to make sure you have access to some things I have gathered over the years, which I think could greatly improve your outlook on life and help you stay positive even when life seems difficult.
Failing doesn't make us a failure. We will all fail at some point in our lives. We all will do something embarrassing; there is no hiding from it no matter how hard we try. Don't let fear of failure or embarrassment make you afraid to live your life. Don't be afraid to take risks as long as you are listening to promptings from the Holy Ghost. He will always guide you down the right path for your life.
When I was younger, my dad used to always use this quote, "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watchin'." Most people are afraid of what other people think of them, and we judge ourselves based on what we believe other people think of us; perhaps that's why there is such a huge concern about what we should wear, what we should drive, and how we should act. I want you to feel free to be yourself. Judgement from other people won't hurt you physically, and it can only hurt you emotionally if you let it.
Many people live in fear of failure everyday of their lives. It often manifests itself as anxiety. You may also find that you experience fear and anxiety in spite of your attempts to be strong and have courage. This is also normal. Don't feel that you have failed if you begin to experience fear. This discouragement will actually exacerbate the fear and anxiety you already have and make you feel worse. Accept that you are afraid, but pray for strength. You will have weaknesses, but don't be too hard on yourself when you recognize what they are. If you are humble and have faith, the Lord will help you transform your weaknesses into strengths.
Son, life can be hard sometimes. If it weren't hard, it wouldn't be worth living. It is the difficult moments and trying times that transform us the most. Let's not forget the famous quote said by Alfred in Batman Begins, "Why do we fall, Master Wayne? ...So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." I see people on TV that have always had everything that they've ever wanted. These are not the kind of people that I would ever want to be. Being without helps us to be more humble and grateful for the things that we do have in our lives.
Though this is unrelated, I will end with a quote I put on Facebook, because someone recommended that I compile these so you have them to read when you get older. Since I am already writing these letters to you, I thought this would be the perfect place to put it:
"This is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. To watch my little baby move around in my belly on the ultrasound. To see how active he is and to know that my husband and I created that life together. To be so excited for my husband, because he is going to make such an incredible dad. And to see his eyes light up. It's worth whatever pain I have to go through giving birth and whatever sacrifice I have to make- financial or otherwise. Family is THE most important thing we have been given in this life, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have mine." (August 23rd, 2013)
I love you with all of my heart. I am so glad that you are a part of my life.
Love Always,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment